Sunday 16 October 2016

Review: Bivouac at Swinton

A few weeks ago we went to meet up with our friends in the Dales, at Bivouac.


When I first moved to Yorkshire, I lived fairly near to Bivouac, which is a pretty funky glamping site and part of the Swinton estate. Populated with welcoming looking Yurts and just a short distance from the walk to Druid's Temple, the site has a lovely rustic style cafe/bar on site too, and this is where we were meeting up.

Image is the property of www.swintonbivouac.co.uk

Made from a selection of small buildings, and with acres of estate land behind it, it has that true rural, away from it all feel and whilst I've never actually spent a night in one of the yurts, I reckon it would be a lovely wild setting. I've often seen the tails of smoke coming out from the log burning stoves that each yurt has and wishing I was in one.

Swinton Bivouac Masham

The cafe/bar itself is cosy and inviting, with mismatched brightly painted furnishings and a great mezzanine area to sit and watch the world go by from. My only real area of complaint for this beautiful spot is that the menu itself is fairly limited, I would have liked to have seen more rustic British dishes like stews and broths, but c'est la vie, there was still enough to choose from.


That aside, the burger that I did have was very enjoyable, and there is a great range of drinks including Fentinmans and a great range of coffees too. If I was going now I think I would be sampling one of their tasty and luxurious hot chocolates.


It was a very relaxing and jovial environment with a buzz about it and made the perfect setting for a lovely afternoon spent catching up with friends. Who knows, maybe some day I will get a chance to sample one of those yurts.
Yorkshire lifestyle blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular posts