Monday 23 January 2017

Outfit: mid-century for the Office

vintage style blogger

I don't do too many outfit posts. I think that I would like to do more this year, especially since one of my intentions at the start of the year was around style, and really getting back to that vintage look that I love. I thought the perfect start was an all out 1940s look that I wore to work during my first week back after Christmas.

vintage yorkshire blogger

Back at the start of December, my friend and purveyor of exceptional vintage goods, Vix, sent me a surprise parcel in the post. You can't imagine my elation to open the package and find within the most beautiful red Travilla suit jacket. For those of you who don't know who Travilla was, he made all of Marilyn Monroe and Jane Russell's costumes for Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, as well as many of Marilyn's other clothes. He was renowned for making clothes that embraced and accentuated the female form, and I've been obsessed (although never owned any) for some time. As soon as I tore open the packaging and saw what was inside, I didn't even have to think of an outfit to put together because all I could envisage was Jane Russell's outfit in these early scenes of Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, and I know that would be my inspiration.


Pairing the jacket with a beautiful vintage skirt that the Mr. bought me for Christmas, and my trusty comfy Van Dal shoes, I think I had the look nailed.


Never one to be lukewarm on the style I plump for, I decided to also experiment with some victory rolls, and the fantastic snood that I bought from Gin Poodle on Etsy. My hair is getting so long now, I love to find new ways to keep it out of my face and these snoods are the perfect option.

A closer view of the hair

I admit, this was a bit of an all or nothing look for work, but I felt very smart, stylish and glamorous all in one and I have finally got the Jane Russell outfit that I've always craved.

1 comment:

  1. It's a beautiful jacket and fit perfectly, you look amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Popular posts