Tuesday 4 April 2017

Press Play

That was one hell of a long pause. I mean, it's well over a month. What can I say? There's been a lot of things going on in the interim, things changing, trips to visit the inlaws, wedding anniversary, Mother's day, trips to Whitby/Leeds/York. I mean really, these were all things I should absolutely have been blogging about, yes? I didn't though, c'est la vie. Things have settled back down a bit now though, and whilst I have some fun things planned for summer, mostly I'm back into a normal routine now, which means I should be able to find the time to blog again. Who knows, I might even find the time to read and knit again too. Rock 'n' roll, I know.
Sewing blogger

Something I have been finding the time for though is dressmaking. Now that I have my special sewing space, I have more incentive to make clothes. I can just take time out, me and the fabric, and make! I was keen to finish this vintage vogue pattern before going off to spend a weekend with the inlaws, and whilst I finished it by the skin of my teeth, I did finish it.

1950s fashion blogger

It was an absolute pain in the arse to sew up! It was the whole underarm gusset thing that drove me to the brink of tears, and whilst I don't think that I will be making any more of these any time soon, I am super pleased with how this one turned out.


I love the fabric, it's a good heavy weight cotton with a nice drape that lends itself nicely to the front pleats and I do feel nice wearing it. If any of you follow me on Pinterest though, you've probably seen that the clothes I've been pinning of late are of a much simpler cut, and whilst I haven't done any real homemade wardrobe planning yet, I definitely see some simpler shapes and designs on the horizon.


Anyway, hopefully this marks a return to my regular once per week slot, but if not, well don't worry... I'm probably off having fun somewhere or other.

2 comments:

  1. You did a great job on that dress, the colour is gorgeous and it fits you a treat! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Louise you look AMAZING! :)
    Know what you mean, the last month has been pretty busy for me also and although I said I'd Insta/InstaStories more, I really didn't, but hey ho.
    Definitely cake soon!

    Caroline.x
    www.carolineelgeywhite.com

    ReplyDelete

Popular posts